Catalogue Bidding Guide
Before entering our online catalogue, please read our bidding rules below.
- Enter the maximum amount you are prepared to pay for all the lots in which you are interested. We guarantee that we will buy on your behalf at the lowest possible price, as if you yourself were bidding in the room.
- Submit your bids early. In the event of two or more identical bids being received for the same lot, the one received earliest will be accepted.
- Always check your bids. The auctioneer cannot accept responsibility for any errors you make.
- Payment method. If you wish to pay for your bids by credit/debit card please telephone the accounts department on 01244 408980 with your card details. A service charge of 2% will be applied to all credit card and business debit card transactions. There is no service charge for the use of personal account debit cards.
- Bids from minors are not accepted.
- A buyers’ premium 18% plus VAT is payable on all successful bids.
- Lots with a T prefix are subject to VAT at 20% on the hammer price and on the buyers’ premium. Where Warwick and Warwick export the lot to a country outside the European Union VAT will not be charged. All other lots, with the exception of Investment Gold Coins are sold under the Auctioneers VAT Margin Scheme and are not subject to VAT on the hammer price. The buyers’ premium will be invoiced at 21.6% inclusive of VAT. Where Warwick and Warwick export the lot to a country outside the European Union the VAT on the buyers’ premium will not be charged.
- Investment Gold Coins. H.M.R.C. requires us to obtain the following information from purchasers of any of these lots: name; date of birth; current address; telephone number (if available). In order to verify this information we are required to examine one original document from each of the following lists: list 1: passport; full driving licence; National Insurance card; birth certificate; national identity card; hotel key card (non UK residents only); list 2: telephone bill; other utility bill; deeds; tenancy lease; council tax bill. We regret we are unable to accept bids on these lots from anyone who has not submitted the necessary original documents before the day of the sale. The hammer price on these lots is exempt from VAT, but VAT is charged on the buyers’ premium. As Investment Gold Coins are not eligible for the Auctioneers VAT Margin Scheme this VAT will be itemised on the invoice.
- All lots in our stamp auctions are offered subject to the Philatelic Auctioneers’ Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale (1985 revision).
- Bidding increments. The following increments will be used: below £20 - £1 steps; £20 to £50 - £2 steps; £50 to £100 - £5 steps; £100 to £500 - £10 steps; £500 to £1,000 - £25 steps; £1,000 to £2,000 - £50 steps; £2,000 to £5,000 - £100 steps; £5,000 to £10,000 - £250 steps; £10,000 to £20,000 - £500 steps; above £20,000 - £1000 steps. Bids submitted not corresponding to a bid step will be rounded down to the nearest step.
- All bids placed must be in £ sterling.
- Lots will be dispatched by Warwick and Warwick by the most appropriate means, at the expense of the buyer, unless instructions otherwise have been received before the sale.